Friday, February 26, 2010

Here Goes...

So, I'm on this journey that, basically, represents an enormous life change for me.  Let me tell you a little about me:

I'm 30 years old, have been married for almost eleven years to the lovely Shawna (my partner-for-life and best friend), and have two children (Alexis, 8, and Gentry, 7).  I've got a wonderful job and am finishing up my MBA this year. 

And I think I'm gonna go get a PhD.  Which is huge.  Because it means quitting my job; devoting four or five straight years to study, research and writing; probably moving (which is kinda stressful, because I'm not very capricious).  It's also huge, though, because it means pursuing something I love.  More about that later, though.

Thing is, I like to write, and it helps me to sort myself out if I write down what I'm thinking.  And, maybe there are others out there who have something to say about this whole process.  And, if so, I'd love it if you'd weigh in. 

At any rate, this is just to let the vast, unhearing digital universe know that I'm committed.  'Cuz it's written down.

No comments:

Post a Comment